Britannia dentistry provides the best facilities for patients with varied age groups, ranging from younger to older people. Now a question might arise about what dentistry is. Well, dentistry is the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of diseases that occur in the mouth, gums, teeth, and jaw. It can impact the overall health of your body. The one who specializes in it is a dentist. These medical professionals either have a DDS (Doctor of Dental Surgery) degree or a DMD (Doctor of Dental Medicine) degree.
A pediatric dentist specializes in providing treatment and caring for children from their infancy to their teen years. They have the proper training to deal with young patients. Other departments in which Britannia dentistry specializes are endodontics (root canals), periodontics (gum disease), prosthodontics (implants), oral, maxillofacial, orthodontics, and dentofacial orthopedics.
Your teeth may seem fine, but still, it is important to visit a dentist because problems occur without knowing. Advancement in technology has hit every sphere, including dentistry. Now you do not need to travel with a missing, stained, or chipped tooth. Dentist offers several treatments that help to boost self-confidence, such as:
- Tooth replacement that would help to have a wilder smile.
- Teeth whitening procedure is carried out to clean stained teeth.
- Dental fillings that bring a natural look to a chipped tooth,
We need to be under health checkups regularly. Like others, maintaining good oral health is necessary for our well-being.
You should visit Britannia dentistry regularly as it is helpful for us in the following ways:
- Offers protection against gum disease as that might cause tooth as well as bone loss.
- Have a wider and brighter smile.
- It helps prevent tooth decay.
- Strengthens teeth and gums.
- Stops the growth of bacteria in the oral cavity that causes bad breath and gum issues.
- Prevents our teeth from becoming stained by tobacco, drinks, etc.
According to the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry (AAPD), a child should see a dentist between six months to one year of age. When baby teeth come out, it is essential to examine the health of baby teeth in this period. After that, it is recommended to visit for regular check-ups every six months. This routine is also essential for children and adults.
Good oral health is necessary for all. These are the few tips on which you can maintain proper oral health between dental check-ups.
- Avoid sugary foods and tobacco. This is because sugary foods accelerate the growth of bacteria in the mouth, thereby causing plaque and cavities. Tobacco stains teeth and can lead to oral cancer.
- Tongue cleaning is as important as brushing your teeth. It cleans food particles from the mouth, thereby reducing the growth of bacteria.
- Use toothpaste that contains fluoride. This element helps to prevent cavities.
- You need to brush your teeth regularly, at least twice a day, and floss once.
It is recommended to opt for Dr. Beena George’s Britannia dentistry as it offers impeccable service to patients. Furthermore, it is one of the top listed dental clinics in Mississauga. The services include emergency dental examination, teeth cleaning, oral cancer screening, restorative treatments, tooth extraction, root canal, cosmetic dentistry, and many more. In addition, it provides custom-made night guards to prevent tooth damage.
Visit Dr. Beena George for more!
Follow us on