Do you want white teeth? The answer is yes, everyone does. However, it is not possible to retain clear teeth all the time.
If you are searching for “Teeth whitening near me”, the first option is to visit a dental clinic. It is a professional approach.
Other than that, there are many products available over the counter. This includes whitening toothpaste, strips, rinses, gels, etc.
Nevertheless, you should remember that you get the best result only with professional help.
Teeth whitening near me—safety tips!
Everything has a bad and good effect. So, it is important to follow certain things while undergoing the whitening process. These are as follows:
Strictly follow the direction
The teeth whitening process involves a lot of chemical compounds. These are not skin-friendly, so it is significant to follow the instructions.
The primary thing is not to leave the whitening gel or strips longer than it is instructed. It can create soreness in gums and give rise to new problems. Furthermore, it is not advisable to have acidic foods after the whitening process. You should maintain this for a couple of hours to protect your teeth.
Overdoing is bad
More time means more whitening effect! Is it true? No, not. This is a common misconception which majority of the people have. The more you use these products, the more you are compromising the natural barrier of your teeth. Moreover, you can repeat the bleaching process twice a year or less.
Protect the sensitive teeth
Are your teeth sensitive after whitening? Then do not worry it’s common. The sensitivity of your teeth remains for a brief period. Moreover, if you have healthy teeth and gums, then it will not be a great issue. However, if you face persistent problems, then consult the dentist. Do you use a mouth guard? If yes, then make sure it properly fits your teeth, or else it might irritate your gums and create a new problem. The best thing is to stop using the products, which give rise to issues.
How long does teeth whitening last?
The common question that the majority is—are teeth whitening permanent?
The simple answer is no.
Do you know why? It is because of the consumption of a variety of foods all the time. This is the primary reason due to which the whitening effects start to decrease.
First, you need to accept the fact that the degree of whitening varies from person to person. It also involved the type of product used and the condition of your teeth.
But here are some tips with which you can make your teeth whiter and brighter. These are:
- You should avoid foods and drinks that can stain your teeth.Do you know which food can spoil it for you? We consume foods without knowing their effects. You should know that foods rich in acids and tannins can degrade the colour of teeth. Therefore, to keep your teeth bright always keep your food list in check. For example, beverages like tea and coffee, carbonated drinks, and wine can stain teeth. On the other hand, saucy foods, such as soy, tomato, and curries can stain your teeth.
- Brushing and rinsing are advisable after consuming food that might stain your teeth. It is an extra measure taken to wash out any stains from food.
- Maintaining good oral hygiene is very important. According to the dentist, an individual should brush their teeth at least twice and floss once a day. In addition, if you use mouthwash then that is a bonus. This helps to remove food particles, thereby preventing the bacteria to cause plaque. Moreover, to remove mild stains or yellowing of teeth, use whitening toothpaste. But, you should use it only once or twice a week and the rest of the time use regular toothpaste.
- It is essential to eat calcium-rich food to maintain overall health. Did your mouth feel fresh after having an apple? Want to know the reason behind it? The fact is, munching on fruits and vegetables acts as a scrub, and it makes your mouth feel fresh. Moreover, calcium-rich fools help to keep your teeth white.
- The primary thing is to get rid of cigarettes and tobacco. The majority of the population has stained teeth and the reason is regular smoking. By keeping out tobacco, you will not only have whiter teeth but also healthy lungs.
- Visiting a dentist at an interval of every six months helps you to maintain good oral health. Besides, you can go for touch-up treatments to maintain visibly brighter teeth.
If you want to improve the shade of your teeth, then you should follow the tips mentioned above. However, there are two possible side effects of teeth whitening. One is tooth sensitivity and the other is irritation of the gums.
If you are from Mississauga and searching for “Teeth whitening near me”, then you will get some options. The best one out of them is Dr. Beena George. Feel free to reach us anytime to avail the best teeth whitening service.